Thursday, October 9, 2008

Spawn Interview Experiment

Because we are mavericks (you betcha), CarolynOnline and I hatched a little plot to pass the time have some fun with her Spawn and my Short Drunk People -- a plot that included mutually agreed upon questions and soundproof booths. The following interview of Tempel, 8, and Parker, 7, illuminates many things, mainly that Carolyn loves chocolate and her apples don't fall far from the tree. Katie Couric: eat your heart out!

(PS: The comments in parentheses are Carolyn's.)

What is a blog?
T: It's an online... an online... website that you can talk to your friends on.
P: A blog is a thing that you share things with your friends on.

Why does your mommy write a blog?
T: Because you want your friends to know um like uh stories about me and Parker.
P: Because you want to share things with your friends.

Does your mom "work"?
T: You're an architect and you always have lots of artwork to do.
P: Yes, she... sheeeee (Did you write she two times? Uh huh. Don't!) She um. She draws buildings.

What does your daddy do?
T: He trades stocks. It's a hard job but once you learn it, it's easy. And you get lots of money!
P: My daddy trades stocks.

What does your mom love to do more than anything in the whole, whole world?
T: Be with me and eat chocolate.
P: Spend time with me and my sister.

What about your dad?
T: Do something with me and Parker and you.
P: Spend time with me and my sister!

If your mom could choose anything to eat, what would it be?
T: Chocolate.
P: Chocolate!

Drink? (editors note: I reserve the right to edit this answer.)
T: Oooo, that's a hard one. Um. Any healthy drink. (Sha. Yeah right.)
P: Beer...?

Who should be President?
T: Hmmm. That's another hard one. I would choose Georgia. (Georgia is T's best friend.) She's very trustworthy and all the other stuff a president is supposed to be.
P: What do you mean Obama and John McCain? You mean that? (Yes, I mean that.) Both.

What is a President?
T: It's the boss of the country but not exactly because the citizens chose him so that must mean the citizens must be the boss. He just carries out the laws and protects the country.
P: Its someone who keeps the state safe. (Like Batman?) Yeah, kinda like that.

If your mommy was the president (of the USA, not the PTO/Brownie Troop) what
is the first thing she would do?
T: Hmmm. Order chocolate.
P: I have no clue.

What would YOU do if you were president?
T: Get scientists to invent new medicines to cure diseases. (Oh sure she gets to be a hero and I'm a chocolate whore.)
P: The first thing I would do is I would get all the children and I would let them do whatever they wanted.

What do YOU want to be when you grow up?
T: A glass blower that makes glass animals. And a penguin trainer.
P: I wanna be an artist.

What is your favorite part of school?
T: Lunch and recess.
P: Reading.

What is one thing that your mommy does that makes you crazy? (editors note:
I reserve the right to edit this answer.)
T: Not let me play video games.
P: Puts me in my room for timeout.

What is one thing that you do that makes your mom crazy?
T: Not listen and hit my sister.
P: Disobey and scream.

What's your favorite thing to do with your mom?
T: Go somewhere with only the two of us.
P: To make dinner. And play games.

What is the very best of your day?
T: Hmm. When I come home from school and get to play video games.
P: School.

What is magic?  
T: Oooo. Now that one's really hard. Magic is something humans discovered that sometimes humans don't believe and that sometimes comes true.
P: Magic is something that you can't just have, you have to wish for it.

What is love?
T: Let me tell ya, love can never be broken in many ways. Love is when two people, or more, get a connection with each other that makes them bond. 
P: Love is something when you just feel like you like someone.

What makes you happy?
T: Lost of video games and tv and candy.
P: When I play soccer.

And here's an addendum to Carolyn's Short Drunk People interview.




12commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Lipstick Jungle said...

That cracks me! I would order chocolate too Carolyn, so dont feel bad! It would be really good dark chocolate on the tax payers dollar no less! I think better on chocolate!

Love it!

cIII said...

Holy Crap!
I sooooo want to Train Penguins.

Deeples said...

Ohhh... I love how they describe "magic".

When I was 7, I said in an interview with a local paper doing a story on my private schoolt that when I grew up, I wanted to be a Professional Pillowcase Ironer.

Glass blower of animals or penguin trainer is WAY better.

Jen W said...

"Love is when two people, or more, get a connection with each other that makes them bond."

*Or More*

Carolyn, you are in so much trouble when she gets to high school.

Carolyn...Online said...

Ms. P I feel like our kids just had a for reals playdate.

And Jen W, oh man... not funny. Well, funny but you know, not funny.

Anonymous said...

That settles it. I'm writing "Georgia" in for my vote.

for a different kind of girl said...

I would gladly pay someone to have a job as a penguin trainer. That would mean I'd have no money to buy my own chocolate, but I'd make the concession.

Great, hilarious idea you two had!

Anonymous said...

Penguin training is like raising kids, only with less back-talk and more raw fish. Otherwise: same thing.

Meg said...

Fun post!!! I actually think the glass blower thing is very cool.

If you'd have asked my daughter, she'd have said--anything that will make me rich.

Leslie said...

At least they are confident that your universe revolves around them Carolyn.

And I love Jen's comment! Tee hee.

Aimee said...

Awesome interview. I might have to borrow this and do it with my own kids!!!

Samantha said...

Such a good idea!

"Let me tell ya" kids say the funniest things!!