Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dude, Where's the Charger?

Or, Who Messed Up This House?

Seeing as the garden is officially my current obsession (#1 side effect of Suburbia), and seeing how every year I forget what's growing where (and inevitably "weed" something I loved), I have decided to photograph it at different stages to make my own backyard playbook. I am pretty sure I said I would do this last year, so do not hold me to anything. At all. Like ever.

But this is not about my garden; this is about the charger that keeps the battery in my camera working. This is about the charger I could not find last night. The charger that was misplaced by someone other than me, which in this case (and in every case that something goes missing) is either That Man or any one of the Three Short Drunk People who live in my house. And just like the Ipod, the charger had literally vanished.

I checked the Technical Receptacle:



I checked the Home Management System:



Which safely stores important materials like:



Birth Certificates.

Luckily, there were other Home Management Systems to check, including this one:



and this:



(And no, that is not a hypodermic needle. It is in fact a:



bike pump. And yes, that is in fact a:



knife. A very sharp kind of knife, for cutting, say, bones wires or wood.)

I would not be denied! So I even looked in the Art Room:



But still, no charger. I found this ridiculously hard to believe considering the absurd amount of organizational genius at hand here. I mean, Technical Receptacle? It's a wonder why I haven't been asked to run a Major Political Campaign. (Yo, Barack? Holla.)

I was grumpy for reasons that are obvious (as in: someone obviously lost my charger) and the not so obvious. What kind of person has both Transformers and Important Identification Documents in their Home Management Systems?

You've watched enough Law and Order to deduce that I did indeed find the charger. It was safely where I put it, wrapped in a waterproof bag (safety first!) in my underwear lingerie drawer.

*

(* Image does not represent "actual" lingerie drawer as that would be way overshare-y.)

8commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Heather said...

OMG you should market all of those management systems. I think I already have a few similar models!

Honestly, this is just a delightful post! I really liked it. I giggled!

Lynsey said...

Your home management system looks like mine! Ha!

So, did you find it?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Home . . . management? AHAHAHAHAHA! I couldn't even in jest label my drawers with that term. But I have an excuse. None of it is my crap. It's all been left behind by the 5 previous generations of family members who lived here. And I wish I was joking.

Aimee said...

I found two full bottles of beer in my undie drawer. I'm thinking it was a really good kidless night, but I'm not sure????

Anonymous said...

i think apologies are in order.

Anonymous said...

I just found you out here in internetland. I think if we bumped into each other at the park we would have a lovely happy hour with beers to toast the new friendship. Or something like that... Until my girls misbehaved and emarrassed me and I had to leave.

Very fun photo-ducumentary of the lost charger.

Momo Fali said...

Of course. Makes perfect sense to me!

Jen W said...

I love your word choice! "Overshare-y". I'm going to add that to my vocabulary!