Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why I'm Going Out Again Tonight

This'll be short because I need to go upstairs and get dressed for the kegger I've been coerced (?) into attending. The Kid, slightly hungover from a birthday party last night, is not quite -- how shall I say? -- up for it and so has taken the kids to the movies and dinner. The house is warm and quiet so naturally, I'm all: wait! maybe I should just stay home in this nice quiet warm house!??


It's tempting, because I don't really know who's gonna be at this party or if by kegger, they really mean "kegger" and not the fancy bottled beer and Pinot in real glasses kind of kegger, and also it has turned into fall overnight. I am wearing a sweater coat as I type. Inside. It's a spoooky leaf-swirling windy New England kind of cold night and I think I just heard a wolf howl. Or a goblin. Not sure which.


BUT! Bridget and I went to the lovely Fall Festival in town after soccer -- sidewalk sales and artisan fairs and hayrides galore -- and we hit the awesome jewelry and cute clothes store and HELLO? Any three things in the sale section for $25! So I bought a great scarf (which I probably won't ever figure out how to properly drape, but still), a pair of very cool earrings and a headband for Bridge with a bow on the side -- in green tweed. I know! Naturally, I figured since I saved so much damn money, I should totally buy this truly beautiful (not on-sale) necklace. Which I did.


So, I am relenting to this kegger invite because I got a great deal on some cute accessories which somehow meant I could spend recklessly on a lovely necklace that essentially kicked the balls out of my budget-conscious bargain hunting but it was soooo pretty, I'm mean, really really cute, and I am completely psyched to wear it. Like tonight.


Twisted logic? Or perfect sense?

7commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

justmakingourway said...

Huzzah, huzzah for cute new accessories! On sale or otherwise!

Last fall I attended a "cocktail party" that really turned out to be more of a kegger. Tomato, tomahto.

Susan said...

Hmm, the best reason to stay in, ever vs. the best reason to go out, ever. Magic 8 Ball says "go out and flaunt."

Susan said...

Go!! You'll still look great even if you pass out!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

You won't hear any criticisms from me--I wore my pretty new boots to the dirty old mechanic's. Because I don't really go anywhere and I was DYING to wear them.

Except, oddly enough, we ARE going to a kegger today. But they call it Oktoberfest, which makes it much more classy? And I don't have a pretty new necklace to wear. And I can't drink beer.

Good thing it's also a "bring a dessert to share" party.

Heather said...

In Wisconsin pretty much everything is a kegger.

Let us know if you get the red or blue plastic cups.

Carolyn...Online said...

I bet you looked hawt with your new necklace.

Citrus Heights Oven Repair said...

Hi great readding your blog