Saturday, September 10, 2011

Seventeen Years

1994: I love you.
1995: We should move.
1996: We should get better jobs.
1997: I think we should move/but we just got promoted!/we should have a baby.
1998: Why can't we have a baby?
1999: HELLO B!

2000: No Y2K, but lots of booze on New Years.
2001: Hey Big Red! Now we have two!
2002: can'tmakewordswork. Sell business.
2003: Meetings. Big Ideas. Commercial shoots -- in LA.
HOUSE UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
2004: OH! GFYO! A boy?! Lawsuit.

2005: Meds.

2006: PTO. He travels. Three strollers. School.
2007: Writing. Writing. Writing. BLOG? he says.
2008: Pre-school. Soccer. He travels. Met Carolyn.

2009: Kid becomes unemployed. THE BOOK happens...

2010: Kid is on his path to a new career. Moms go happy turning 40 on golf carts in North Captiva.. A new book?

2011:NPR. Today Show. Can't write the book Carolyn has.
2011: We fight on the fucking soccer field about nonsense and end up dressed up, laughing together over fine food and a split of really good champagne. It's seventeen years, yo.

I wouldn't change one bit.

I love you Kid because you did this:


Which is a lot like I did

which made me so happy...


I needed to hold my funny bits in.

Good news!


We ended up OK, together.

Kid, I love you.
Always have.

Best. 17. Ever.
Love you the most.

7commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Nash's Mom said...

Congrats to you both. 17 years is rare, amazing and wonderful. Thanks for showing others how it's done! xo

Leslie said...

This made me smile.

Kevin McKeever said...

Congrats to you and that guy who used to bounce fastballs into my cup.

tkid said...

Love you too

justmakingourway said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! Love this.

Carolyn...Online said...

I loved that! Loved. Happy Anniversary my friend. Please punch Paul from me too.

TwoBusy said...

Awfully sweet.