Friday, October 26, 2007

BURN OUT

I am totally burned the fuck out.

Partly from staying up late two nights in a row (alone) to watch a game I usually care little about. Partly because I am over-volunteered and under-supported with That Man gone now, day 10, or something like that. Partly because one of my closest friends confirmed that my oldest daughter has been bitchy and mean lately. Partly because another friend is suffering and I can’t help. Partly because I spent the evening hours dressed in a lab coat entertaining other people’s children while my own ran around having fun I wasn’t privy too, relying on other moms to hold their hands in Haunted Houses. Partly because I think my best friend from college thinks (because of this blog) that I am a miserable, always cranky wench of a mother.

There are so many parts to the burn out. (But isn’t that always how it goes?)

The good news is I only have one obligation this weekend (a game to coach and I swear, I swear I don’t care if we lose… again) and my mom is coming on Sunday. Also, in the last couple of days, me and the kids have hit a happy stride and That Man and I are talking more than we have in a while; it’s a miracle what the phone, and distance, can do sometimes. And Jury Duty is over. And tomorrow is not a school day and I can hit the snooze button and not feel bad about it.

It’s October in Boston and the Red Sox are winning which means that right now, this is the best place to be. Add Elvis doing Sweet Caroline?

Burn out be damned!

0commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...