Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm Gonna Bribe You With Booze

I am going to BlogHer. 


Which is a conference of strangers who write on the internet. There will be events and talks and sponsors and booze. I am going for the latter.

I've been to SXSW four times, the "music business conference" which is really, the music biz Prom where the after-party begins the day you arrive. I kinda think this thing, this BlogHer? It's gonna be the same.

Me and CarolynOnline, who's latest awesome post links to JenW's hilarious one about the possibility of us going... well, it's happening. 

We've been talking about this big meet-up for a year. For a year. Which is a lot of talking. We made some huge plans but we ended up with this: 

Find  Ms Picket or CarolynOnline at BlogHer and we will buy you a drink. Preferably, a cheap beer. In a can.*

*This offer may be redeemed only once. You must hug either me or she. You must say "dude, thanks" at least once.

12commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Mongolian Girl said...

Oooohhhhh...A BlogHer conference is the last thing I would ever go to. Except now? Now I want to go.

Susan said...

I know! me too!

for a different kind of girl said...

Dude...I wish I was going. Damn!

Heather said...

Chi-town?

Carolyn...Online said...

Um I think it's kind of rude of you to call it "cheap beer" to the uninitiated instead of its true moniker... DML. Delicious Miller Lite. You people might need to know that one. We're like the CIA with all of our codes and what-not.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Well. It's a good thing I'm not going, because I don't drink beer, cheap or otherwise, and would instead have insisted on shots. Which could get out of hand very quickly.

But have a cheap beer for me and the sheep.

TwoBusy said...

Remember: you're representing New England. Maintain your decorum at all times.

Kevin McKeever said...

It's Chicago. Go crazy and have a few Goose Island ales.

DKC said...

Oh you crazy kids. Wish I could join you!

cIII said...

The Windy City will never be the same.

Thanks, dude.

Leslie said...

You tease. I wanna go!

Aimee said...

I went to Blogher Chicago two years ago with Supertiff and had a blast. I am so jealous. I am also really sad that I'm not going to meet you. Maybe next blogher??? I think we'd be Trouble with a capital T together.