Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kid Writes Letter to Summer about Swine Flu*

Hello? Early Summer Vacation? 

It's me, Rory. I'm the kid with the sniffles and the fever and the quarantine.

Is it possible that you could explain to my Mom that I do not need to take stupid naps? And that it might be nice if she stops touching my forehead?

Because I am pretty sure You want me to get off this couch where my mom makes me watch Top Chef re-runs and go outside to my, well, rainy back yard (which, dude, is pretty lame) so I can get my messy, dirty game on.

I know, I know: I've got a fever which Mom says saves us money in food and chaos and bandaids or something like that and even though I have no idea what she's talking about most of the time, I know she keeps spraying that stinky spray, keeps making me drink water, and sends all my friends away.

Dude? Dude? I feel fine now, and dude: can you bring the fun part of summer on and not this fake summer of me at home with NO ONE around all day? That'd be awesome.

Thanks, man,

Rory


*Two days with a fever gets a kid banned from school for 7 days, which are the only school days the Small Town school's has left. So, yeah: she's done. And totally fine and healthy and as of two hours ago, arisen from the couch to wrestle her brother and a build some weird restaurant in the playroom. 

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

for a different kind of girl said...

I bet all her friends are hella jealous that she's already kick started (to a feverish degree) her summer vacation.

Also? SEVEN DAYS!? Insane.

cIII said...

That's funny.

I spent the first few day of Summer Vacation with Padma Lakshmi as well.

I'm glad your Girl's better. Sick kids make my heart hurt.

Jen W said...

Glad she's feeling better! But Rory, your mom touches your forehead because she loves you- and although you may not appreciate it now, when you are in your 20's, sick, alone at college or where ever, trust me- you will long for her hand on your forehead!!!

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

She got the fevah?

Can I catch it from your blog?

OMG! *panics* should I wear gloves while commenting? I think I feel a little hot... someone check my forehead!

(seriously, people are taking this a little too far doncha think? Poor kid)

TwoBusy said...

We've been dancing around the edges of that 7 day thing for a few weeks now... I understand the logic behind it, but damn: that's one hell of a logistical challenge to throw on parents.

In any case, glad she's back to her usual destructive ways.

DKC said...

Jake woke with a touch of fever on the day of his Birthday Bowling Alley party last Sunday. Drugged him up and off we went! (Not winning Mom-of-the-Month this month!)

Susan said...

Glad she's better. I, myself, am counting the days until school starts again.

Carolyn...Online said...

Poor thing. I mean you of course. But Rory too. And the GFYO who's next. Oy.

A Free Man said...

They're panicking about the pig flu down here now too. They've shut down a couple of schools and we were supposed to keep our kids out of day care if they had travelled overseas or BEEN IN CONTACT with anyone who had traveled overseas. We ignored that directive.

I guess we're part of the problem.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ucalakefa.s-enterprize.com/ewovon.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life