Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The "Where's My Friggin Calgon" Rant

We were gone, what -- a week? We're home for a few days and then outta here again.


I still have no idea when or how we're getting us and our car on a ferry with a waiting list longer than Chelsea's wedding. Or what we're eating once we get there...besides the 6 gargantuan bags of chips and the case of assorted cookies I bought at BJs today. I'm still not quite sure where the dog is gonna live while we're gone and I'm not sure what time The Kid is flying home tonight from Budapest. Or is it Frankfurt?


I don't know which of the clothes, still half hanging out of the Short Drunk People's little duffle bags, are clean or dirty. I don't know if it's a horrible thing just to jam them all back in and call us packed. I don't know why I bothered vacuuming, as we appear to be in the 36th hour of the great playdoh cake making competition. I don't know why I made dinner tonight because everyone seems more interested in eating playdoh cakes.


I do know that the GFYO is slowly driving me insane. I do know that if I didn't hold him back by the ankle, he would move in with the neighbor's, uninvited or not. I do know that Bridget has inherited my excellent singing voice, which is even better when she's got her headphones on and we get to enjoy every tenth word of some heinous Katy Perry song. I do know that I do not like sleeping (?) with three sleep-talking kids and a dog in my bed.


Because of this, I have decided that I am firing the housekeeper, the laundress, the chef, the personal assistant, the dog trainer, the travel agent, and while I'm at it, will temporarily re-assign the position of Mommy. Don't bother sending your resume: it will just get lost in the pile of mail I haven't gone through.


TAKE ME AWAY!

8commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...vacation. We, too, on Friday.

Maybe the kids will get lost somewhere along the way. Did I mention we're DRIVING to North Carolina?

Awesome. Because THAT sounds like a successful venture.

Cheryl said...

This sounds like waaaaaaaaay too much fun. Aloha and happy trails.

(Yes, I do believe just jamming all of the clothes back into the bags and calling it packed is realistic.)

Unknown said...

packing - if the stuff is in there, its packing. have a good time!

Susan said...

Amen, sister. That's all I've got. Sorry.

HalfAsstic.com said...

I keep looking around and complaining to John that he needs to fire the maid... He has the nerve to just stare at me! ;-)

patty said...

Ferry. Saturday. 10 days.

Wishing you bliss.

Carolyn...Online said...

Can you fire yourself like that? Because I could get on board with firing the laundry chick.

justmakingourway said...

Um...hope you're having fun?