Saturday, July 4, 2009

T Minus 2

Last 4th of July, I dragged my lovely mother from party to party and from boat to beach for three days in a row. It was a non-stop living diorama of my life to try to prove that I did have a life here. The year before that, I freaked out that I had kids who could swim unattended and kayak from island to island. This year? 


This year will include a whole new kind of life-changing weekend.

Carolyn...Online is gonna be in my house. In. My. House. With her kids and her husband.

(I know, right?)

A few people have asked the question and the answer is: No, no, it won't be weird. Yeah, we've never spoken, like with our voices, but, dude, we have talked. The written word... 

Sometimes it's the fastest road to the best friend you've never met

14commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Kristin @ Going Country said...

THAT is cool. I know I don't have to tell you to have fun. You will.

Susan said...

You guys are going to have so much fun! I want to hear all about it - I'm meeting blog friends face to face for the first time in September. And one of them is Braja!

Susan said...

Fun! I love this community of friends who have never met.

DKC said...

Um...yeah - PS - I'm going to be there too. You did know that, right??

Heather said...

Have fun!

cIII said...

I thought I felt the Ground shake a bit.

Nash's Mom said...

And I thought that was fireworks I was hearing. I'm sure it's a girly good time and all "the kids" are getting along swimmingly. Can't wait for a full report!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Anyone who doesn't seize the opportunity to meet online friends IRL is crazy. It's just like meeting your pen pal in 6th grade. Except for all of the TMI knowledge...and better drinks.

Aimee said...

I want to hear all about it...ASAP!

Mongolian Girl said...

How AWESOME! I love it! Also, I could not agree more that the written word is powerful stuff. Better than anything really, in my opinion.

Jen W said...

I can't wait to hear how the meet up goes!!!

TwoBusy said...

I eagerly await a full report of the damage.

Carolyn...Online said...

I am commenting here from the jail cell. Dude, drop the charges already! I swear it won't happen again. I promised the judge already - no closer than 50 yards.

A Free Man said...

Enjoy!