Saturday, May 2, 2020

The UpSide

I have been lucky: I have connected with all kinds of people during this weird moment.

I have learned how to prop the laptop so my double chin doesn't show so much and I have learned how to wear my hair in a way that hides the grays. I know now how to mute the dog barking.
I know this is now what we do.

Turns out a lot of you do this too: connecting in weird and awkward ways is what we do.

Tonight I connected with former colleagues at a record company I miss so much.

Later, I connected with friends from middle school -- most of us there, our little bunch -- and all I could think was how kind and supportive we were. Clapping on mute, listening to the story of someone we haven't seen in years and yet care about, all of of us remembering the same teachers and the same moments that made us. The way we loved each other...

Clapping! Celebrating!

This is the upside of all of this.

Would this happen before?

1 comments:

Nashsmom said...

Sadly, it most likely wouldn't be happening as much and have to believe that is one of the good things coming out of all this. It was great to see your face and wanted to compliment you on your hair! Well done!! (insert virtual clapping)
xo