Sunday, October 26, 2008

So Much Trouble

Dude(s) (?): I used to make mixed tapes.

This is better. 

Back in the old days Matt Pond PA was work. Now? Not so much.

Today was a crazy day. When I sat down to a screen that is more familiar than my own face, it was a lucky thing to see his email. It was a hallelujah for me to have a moment that was about nothing (and also everything) and to end up with this/his song.

Remembering what music is, I remind you: hit play, settle in, enjoy.

13commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Meg said...

This video makes for a fabulous Sunday morning...hangover aside. V. nice. Are you sure you're not living my (fantasy) life?

BTW, I've gone serious today in my post--the tragedy of education on a humor blog. But it's hopeful and there is a picture of a hot teacher there.

Meg said...

Oh, yah...

FIRST!!

unmitigated me said...

Very nice tune. I love a good pop melody.

Anonymous said...

Dude, there's "I used to make mix tapes" and then there's "I used to make mix tapes for other people." Which would obviously be way more embarrassing. (I mean, um, hypothetically, of course. I would think. I don't know this firsthand or anything.) Especially if said other people still have them and mock you.

BTW awesome song - thank you!

Nash's Mom said...

Sunday morning perfection.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Love teh Matt Pond PA -- was just listening to "Emblems" last week, in fact.

(and mix tapes NEVER go out of style. Except for, uh... the "tape" part.)

Heather said...

Um, making a good mix still requires effort, of the High Fidelity kind. It is a job that I take on with great care.

for a different kind of girl said...

I love mixtapes, and I quite think I love this song. Thanks for sharing!

Carolyn...Online said...

Ahhh... it's sad that music can give you so much pleasure and yet you can, in the midst of the day - the life, forget that.

Jen W said...

That type of music is right in my wheel house!

Meredith said...

love it! and i love matt pond.

A Free Man said...

I used to love good mix tape. Was one of my primary methods for wooing the fairer sex. I wasn't particularly successful...

Lipstick Jungle said...

I really like this song... Especially the third time when I woke up from my falling leaf trance and listened to the words - made me want to get some hot cocoa, light a fire and take a nap!

"I dont think I want to think about it" is my new favorite tag line!