Friday, October 31, 2008

Scariest Thing Ever Would Be...

Well, I think you know where I stand on that, and with a scant short time to go, sorry dudes, but I gotta get this out there before the kids come home and the candy buzz kicks in and the soccer tournament on Sunday. Oh, and another costume party for which I have no costume (can one be the "financial bailout" twice? in a Small Town? I think not).


People of the internets, I am feeling kinda scared about Tuesday.  I am suspicious of the polls: polls are math and science and stuff and I get all queasy about it. So much for October Surprise. What about November Demise? I don't want to see that happen. 

So, two posts in one night -- see below -- and redundancy to boot. 

It's not over until it's over, so....



14commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Leslie said...

Tuesday is very scary indeed. That's why I'm working voter protection. It's the most I can do.

Anonymous said...

HE SAID LA CASA BLANCA!!! hahahahaha!!!! I'm working in Barack's DC office tomorrow night. Wooohoooo!!!!

Heather said...

I don't think my state's a swingin' anymore, but, I will be voting for sure!

miko564 said...

My biggest fears lie with Virginia, N. Carolina, Pennsylvania and Ohio. I fear the "Bradley" effect in these states more than any others.

I am also afraid of turnout, as young people and blacks have, in years past, expressed great concern over elections and then not shown up to vote.

I'm afraid I won't be able to tell my kids how Daddy was there when one of the most monumental events in U.S. politics took place.

I live in PA, I will vote...and hold my breath.

Carolyn...Online said...

La Casa Blanca. And Moose-alini. My favs.

Jen W said...

I live in Illinois so Obama is pretty much a lock here.

Anonymous said...

Literally on my way out the door to canvas for Obama in the swing state of Missouri! All while I hope for the best, plan for the worst, and hope none of the rootin' tootin' folks around here decide to shoot me. Call me a pinko commie or something? OK. Shoot me? Not OK.

Meg said...

I live in Ohio and I couldn't take it if we throw another election.

Hey, great video. That white guy can rap and dance!

Anonymous said...

He's like Albert Einstein
with a health care plan...

Love it.

Susan said...

I'm skeart, too. I'm worried that Obama supporters will trust the polls and just decide not to vote. Crossing all body parts here...

Samantha said...

i think everyone is scarred. but we know the magical secret to success...*fingers crossed*

A Free Man said...

Me too. My vote's in, that's all I can do from here. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

I love listening to insane anti-Obama types here in MA... because, no matter how much venom they generate, their vote is completely irrelevant. Thanks, electoral system!

Major Bedhead said...

Obama will sweep here in MA, but I'm still barely breathing, barely holding on (as evidenced by the late hour of this post) until the results are in tomorrow. No, wait, not tomorrow, TODAY!

And for what it's worth, Dixville Notch was 15 Obama, 6 McCain. They haven't gone Democratic since 1968.


breathe. breathe. breathe.