Monday, October 26, 2009

Beginning Our Tour of World Media Domination

After giving a toast at the wedding of my cousin this weekend, a toast that I cannot repeat because I had one of those out of body moments that public-speaking inspires and so I can not remember anything I said (except for forgiving my cousin for being born) (I know? What?), my trusty little phone beeped a message at me. I was sure it was from someone in the wedding party wanting to offer me a nationwide motivational speaking tour, but it wasn't. It was from this nice lady Susan at 5 Minutes for Mom who shared this with me:



There's me and Carolyn, acting typically um typical. And this? This was the fifth attempt because the cameraman who I affectionately kept referring to as Jacques (not sure why) was having battery issues. And maybe there were swear words. Maybe.


Anyhoo, it was fun to see because, like the super awesome wedding toast, the whole thing was a blur of us laughing and asking Jacques (over and over) if he was using the fuzzy Barbara Walters lens. Which apparently he wasn't but all is forgiven.

Too bad the camera wasn't working at the wedding because I'm pretty sure I concluded my toast by donning a pair of those Groucho Marx glasses. Between that and the wikkid cool rock hands I flash at odd moments, it's very obvious that I was born to be a classy self-image-maker. Or a cast member of Dancing with the Stars. Because I rocked it on the dance floor. Didn't fall down once!

And I can tell you from personal knowledge that Carolyn is the master of the jazz hands.

But don't let any of this stop you from enjoying the epic tome that is TO, now new and improved with a fancy hawt cover.

12commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Carolyn...Online said...

Jacques! I couldn't remember what name we were calling him. Wow, it's funny what passes for hil-ar-i-ous when you've been drinking.

I miss you man.

Susan said...

I am getting remarried so you can speak at my wedding. Don't tell Chris.

Aimee said...

Awesome!!!! On my Christmas wish list!!!

Serial Swooper said...

I can vouch for the book to all of you. Go buy it. Now. Really, what are you waiting for?

And, Darcy, I just kept waiting for you to stick your tongue out and wag it around a little between the fingers of those rocker hands of yours. Sweet, dude.

justmakingourway said...

I think you have a serious future in inspirational speaking. I know I'd sign up!

Kevin McKeever said...

They still owe you three minutes of air time.

x said...

I would totally know Carolyn if I saw her on the street. You? Not so much. You look different every time I get to see pic (or video) of you. What's up with that?

for a different kind of girl said...

As I mentioned at Carolyn's, I was eagerly waiting for someone to toss the rock hands, and I was so not disappointed. I would have totally rock handed it had I been in front of the camera. Additionally, I'd have probably done something obscene, as I am wont to do, and that wouldn't be released until the director's cut came out a year later.

MsPicketToYou said...

wait x? there are other videos of me out on the internets? i am totally a kardashian now.

also: i use disguises. lots and lots of them.

x said...

Well, so far there's just the one video, but I'm sure I could dig something up on YouTube. :)

I like your one disguise with the glasses, mustache and big plastic nose best. :)

Heather said...

Oh how cool. Book on list.

Mongolian Girl said...

Oh wow! I just read this...awesome!