Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Short Poem About Old Love (plus the Pixies)

A long road begets bumps.


So we bump and chuckle. We shoot and miss
each other and we drive
our love away.

Many moons rise and fall and slide
into our home still
I feel your hand in mine and you
you
you as always:

you're the right road.





Note: After many months with the Kid all up in my bizness, he's been gone for a week. And -- duh -- I miss him.

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

justmakingourway said...

Awesome, Ms. P. I love this.

for a different kind of girl said...

Yep. It's pretty much like this.

Not this week, though. Tool Man is sick and I'm sort of ready for him to hit the highway...

But other than that? Yep.

t. kid said...

thanks, hon

TwoBusy said...

That was really, really nice.

Heather said...

Sweet. The Pixies and your post.

Susan said...

Well matched. Black Francis would be tickled pink.

Carolyn...Online said...

Awww. And he commented. I mean! Shut up.

Leslie said...

LOVE love it.

A Free Man said...

The opening bars of "Here Comes Your Man" always make me grin.

Kevin Sharma said...

Lovely blog you havee