Saturday, August 8, 2009

Alone in House Haikus

When clean and silent

Becomes lonely and pressure
Work is a burden 

Thought I might like it
more than I do; that was dumb
My heart pounds bigger

She smokes alone now
She knows her days are short now
Someday? Kids kills butts

Quiet is a word
Noisy is a word we hate:
All words are iffy

I miss them sort of
I sleep late all by myself
I wake: all alone

Haiku is easy
When at a loss for words yo:
I write anyway

Loneliness sucks balls
Happiness is a full house:
I knew that always

Kids loud and away
Echo here this quiet night:
I hear like always

Like always, I speak
a poem here, a word there:
sweet tart words: come home.

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Unknown said...

dude. So weird. I am sitting here in my house late night for the FIRST TIME EVER ALONE!! My kids and my man are away for the night a couple hours from LA and I am here. In a quiet house. And here is your haiku. So perfect for me.

:-)

DKC said...

Nice Haiku(s). It's funny how you can't wait for alone time, but when it actually gets here - you want them back.

Samantha said...

the grass is always greener on the other side- till you actually get there.

your such a good mom. they totally miss you more.

for a different kind of girl said...

Currently alone
I can catch up, maybe breath
Want to say, "You rock."

Nash's Mom said...

Oh you and your words again. Amazing. Sometimes you need that time away from them to really appreciate them. Think about those hugs you'll get when they return. And if you you're really lonely, I'll drop Nash off and have him run through the house screaming for a few minutes to help you appreciate the silence. Or he's available to sleep over and wake you up a couple times in the middle of the night to cuddle. Just sayin'.

Leslie said...

Most unpoetic: awesomeness!

Heather said...

Nicely done madam. I enjoyed every one.

Carolyn...Online said...

You still glad they're back???

Jen W said...

See- now your haiku is so great! Mine would be all mobid thoughts about someone breaking into my house, and something horrible happening to my family and this is what my life would be like without them, etc.

Unknown said...

I love getting into your head.