Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Quiz

Do you know where this famous song comes from? Who wrote it? What its roots are?

(I do.) But my husband didn't and my sister didn't. So help solve a family "bet" and let us know, do you?

PS: No googling allowed to be all smarty pants. 'Cause that's cheating. And also if you get the right answer, I might get the GFYO to dance to the song of your choice.

PSS: And if that makes no sense to you, scroll down.

5commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

MsPicketToYou said...

the original, that is. like you didn't know. but just in case.

Anonymous said...

Dang I come back and there's a quiz! I usually know the song stuff... But I have no idea. Does this mean I can't get the GFYO to dance to Golddigger???

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I have to admit to ignorance on this one. Which is hard for me to do, especially when it comes to music. But I didn't cheat and Google it, so I will now await your explanation.

Meg said...

Oddly enough, I was at a party last night where a guy told us about the book or the movie--I'm not sure cause I was drunk as usual-- but wasn't the author of the song a former slave owner? Anyway, I didn't catch the whole story because it didn't involve My Jeff Tweedy, so I headed for the dessert table.

Kevin McKeever said...

I, the Fount of Useless Knowledge, confess my ignorance. My guess is that it has something to do with the temperance movement in the late 1800s.