Thursday, December 18, 2008

Six Things Before Six Days Before Christmas

1) My kids are on Christmas crack and what with the predicted snow storm, it's another half day tomorrow: awesome. It's not like I have anything to do. 


2) My sisters are in the full season of their awesome bitchiness (as in: making fun of cousins' pictures in seasonal cards and such). I know it doesn't seem falalala, but all I want is to see the pictures they speak of and I wonder why I haven't received them.

3) The Kid is coming home late tonight, and what with jet lag and overnight shoots, he will spend the rest of the day in bed tomorrow. I have tried to clean and organize and by that I mean: I emailed my friend for a few hours and decided, whatever. I feel bad about that now. I did put clean sheets on the bed, but there is no way I will be able to keep those desperate for their Daddy kids away from him. 

It's gonna be like offering up candy by a string strung from the moon. 

4) Santa has wrapped his big old ape arms around me. There is nothing bitchy I can say.

5) Please refer to number four.

6) But then again.... Oh, I kid. 

What I got is this: there is a kind of magic in words that you who read this know. But there is sometimes something that transcends words and makes tiny moments realer than you ever thought they might be. My virtual gift to you? 

FIND THOSE.

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Anonymous said...

You are a virtual gift indeed.
Enjoy the hubz and the kids loving the hubz and all of it, Mizz Picket.

Heather said...

Yep. Crazy lovey crazy here.

Samantha said...

Please Please please make that man of yours spend oodles of alone time with you while the jokers are in school tomorrow! YOU SO DESERVE IT!

Meredith said...

You make me miss Christmas.

unmitigated me said...

I have two sisters who snark about everyone. I assume I am also a target when I leave.

Anonymous said...

Is it ok to smoke on the way to pick up your kid from school on early release day simply because The Cure and Depeche Mode are on the radio?

Anonymous said...

Is it ok to smoke on the way to pick up your kid from school on early release day simply because The Cure and Depeche Mode are on the radio?

for a different kind of girl said...

Winter break started a day and a half early when a less-than-frightening winter storm fell upon us and my kids got out of school early yesterday. It's 1 p.m. on Friday and I'm already officially exhausted! I'm going to turn music on soon and get motivated, or just sit on the couch and let this dizzy feeling I have pass. Probably the latter...

Anonymous said...

Just be happy he got back before this storm hit... otherwise, I have a feeling your house would have gone all Donner Party.

RhoRho said...

motherpoop, i'd say hells yeah