Monday, September 1, 2008

Going Going...

I had a very extensive post that included pictures of things I didn't write about this summer and pictures of things I did write about though in more detail, BUT...

I've now lost all of it twice.

TWICE!

Maybe I've been edited by karma because here's what lasted:

This is the girl who has cancer who I didn't write much about:


And who relapsed right before the summer started and who had a bone marrow transplant right before summer ended. She is the blondest, bravest bald girl I've ever known. She is my cousin. She was the flower girl in my wedding. She is one of my best friends. I got to write about her (elsewhere) and house her parents when they needed it this summer. My daughter will be HER flower girl some day.

This is the ball I showed once. With the girl I kinda showed who caught the ball


on the day neither she nor me nor the Kid will ever forget.

I didn't write about the ridiculously real Tarot card reading I had but I bought this bracelet right after:



It says: "create your own destiny." I've worn it every day say since.

When I talked about our road trips, this is what I meant:



And this is how I felt feel about anonymous ? dudes



who hurt my precious feelings.

And this is what summer looks like





when it's going



and going






and gone.

16commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Aimee said...

Yes, yes we are partners. Tarot reading? Short drunk people? Amazing vaginas that vote in unexpected ways...thought we'd be city girls with big fat jobs and are the opposite.
I love the pictures fyi. And your flower girl? Here's to her recovery!

Manager Mom said...

Those pictures are kind of haunting. I am happy for sweater season but not ready to let go of summer.

Prayers for your friend.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Sometimes pictures say it better, anyway.

unmitigated me said...

wow. nice.

patty said...

You know I am pulling for your cousin. Please tell her she's gorgeous. And strong.

Your kids are cracking me up.

Meredith said...

It's as though you are a photo journalist:)

GREAT pictures...I love pictures of kids on the beach. Just love 'em.

The kid holding the baseball MUST be yours, right? She sure looks like you do in pics so I'm assuming so. I think kids with freckles are the cutest of them all.

Carolyn...Online said...

I love your summer. And that your cousin is doing so well. And it's always a bummer when it's over.

Great pictures by the way.

Meg said...

Love the pics, love the bracelet, hate anonymous asshat, hate cancer.

All the best to your cousin.

for a different kind of girl said...

Your cousin is a stunning individual, and I hope she's doing well.

Your summer ...gah...I am so not ready to let go. I am face planted in the sand, having lost my grip on it, I think...

Leslie said...

I'll miss summer...sort of. But I would really miss your summer!

A virtual high-five for your cousin. Cancer sucks. It sucks for the people who care about the survivors as much as it does for the sick. (I have a best buddy struggling with brain cancer and my mom is a 2 time breast cancer survivor.)

Samantha said...

You've got this amazing ability to say it perfectly. every. time.

Jen W said...

Amazing photos. Love the ones of the kids running into the water.

For Myself said...

Tomorrow's the big day. Summer is now a memory, eh? Destiny created.

Heather said...

I am right there with you. I also want you to know that you look just like our kind of fun. I wish we WERE real neighbors.

Your cousin is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Love the beach shots, especially the first one. Love the pic of your beautiful cousin. Love the shot of the wall of crap in the back of your vehicle ready to topple over and bury your kids, if/when your road trip hits a sudden red light.

Anonymous said...

I just love photo posts.

Love the beach pics....

I would also like to commiserate about what a total bitch it is to lose a post. TWICE.

It's just like being F'd in the A.