Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lost and Found

Things I have lost:

School health forms
Recorder for 4th Grade music class
Insurance Cards
Cell phone charger
Paint chips

Things I have found:

Alarm clock
Lunch bags
Bottom of my desk
Another school supply list I didn't know I had
Compassion for 17 year old pregnant Alaskan girl

I managed to get us all out the door without yelling once. I am pretty sure everyone has underwear on -- a first day of school must! (I haven't checked the GFYO but since he's hanging with me all day, I figure one more day ala commando is AOK.) Soccer cleats and clothes are packed and ready for practice this afternoon, but I'm still not exactly sure where that practice is happening. I updated the calendar with the barrage of upcoming meetings and dreaded open houses because looking organized is almost more important than being organized. Am I right?

Fly zipped? Check. Stain-free shirt? Check. Call to doctor's office to order replacement school health forms? Check. Flipped the bird at the Bad Man on the Radio as if he could see me? Check. Bribed GFYO to get in the car with me for "fun" errands? Check.

I do believe things are back to normal around here.

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Carolyn...Online said...

Is school like the best thing ever or what?!

Jen W said...

And so begins another chapter in this story of life- sigh... I miss summer already.

Anonymous said...

Didn't see you this morning amid the many, but glad to hear all went well.

Here's to another happy and peaceful year! We'll pretend for this week anyway :)

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Did you make sure YOU had underwear on? Or is that only a must for those going to school?

patty said...

Stain free shirt?

Dang. I'm impressed. And unworthy.

for a different kind of girl said...

Ah, the sweet, sweet victory that is the first day of school! There is nothing like it. There's also nothing like a stain free shirt in my life. My husband and I take bets as to how many hours I'll have a shirt on before I'll drop stuff all over it. This is how exciting our lives are!

cIII said...

Shit. I new I forgot something. Underpants. That always happens after a long weekend.

unmitigated me said...

Oh sure, you like school now. Wait til the science fair rolls around.

For Myself said...

There's a BOTTOM to the desk? Maybe that's where all their underwear is. I need to look in to this...

Samantha said...

sigh.. goodbye summer!