Thursday, September 25, 2008

Public Freaking Update

So anyway....

Despite the comment to the local banker who was providing a generous financial gift -- a comment along the lines of "funny accounting" and "mortgages" or something equally inappropriate, I can tell you that everything I imagined would happen mostly did: in other words, I have no idea what I said but it all worked OK.

I did however take notes. I also used the same sheet of paper to pass notes. I present those notes here, with identifying or incriminating details blocked out with my fancy photo editing software (aka: a Sharpie):



While I managed to include some important educational philosophy stuff, I also pondered Porta-Potties and upcoming parties. Because I am a multi-tasker, yo. And have remarkably bad handwriting. And a strange manner of organizing data, which should come as no surprise considering the state of nearly every drawer in my kitchen.

None of which, by the way, are currently housing my fancy phone. Which is missing. So, don't bother calling.

25commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Carolyn...Online said...

I want to know why the wand is flat and what's up with Critical Spirit?

Lipstick Jungle said...

I want to know who Matilda is, and why is she so mean?

And 180 people? Really? One one porta potty? I would renegotiate that plan!

Apparently the blood came back to your face, and I assume much beers were had (yes I meant to say much! back off!) as I did see notes of "for drinks"?

I know, WRAP IT UP ALREADY Lori. Geesh. Long winded!

Lipstick Jungle said...

Oh and that "hot mom" comment? Thanks - and ditto! ;)

cIII said...

The most important thing we can do as Parents of Early Learners?

I have a few Ideas. See: Things I learned the Hard Way. Read the that at Bedtime.

Jen W said...

I'm with @justlori2day I need to hear more about the mean girl Matilda. Can you be a mean girl with a name like Matilda??? That name has such a sweet sound to it.

patty said...

Huh. So is it a man date or a mandate? Either way I want to hear all about it.

Leslie said...

You are to take turns blow-drying or are taking turns and blow-drying separate thoughts?

Samantha said...

So I'm at your house at the desk and I see this random piece of paper with crazy notes ALL OVER IT... and immediately go check your blog for an explanation.

You. are. so. funny.

Aimee said...

Umm, I vote you coolest Mom ever...

for a different kind of girl said...

Perhaps having one of those port-a-potties available immediately would have curbed that pesky 'pee in the pants' feeling!

~Swankymama said...

A lot of my notes to myself look like this! :o)

unmitigated me said...

Port-a-potties reminds me of what I heard on the radio this a.m: Followers of Islam are not allowed to face Mecca when using the facilities, so the London Olympics people are being careful about how the temporary facilities are aligned. I think this is cool and hilarious all at the same time.

Amy said...

So it all turned out fine.
I am curious about all of it. "He loves him." or "He loves nm." Either way, I'm glad he has someone to love. Whoever he is. Good for him.
And Matilda, is she really mean or just misunderstood because her name is Matilda? Just curious.
You're busy, soccer, speeches, building forts, blogging. When is there time for cocktails? That's my final question.

Heather said...

Cognition has been the focus of educational taxonomy for years. :) If you really are interested, I have some information of other useful taxonomies.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Okay, Ms. P. I did my homework--the letter done been wrote.

Anonymous said...

Considering I have children in the same school system as you, I'm a bit concerned about the "PRIVATE SCHOOL" note seeing as you were listening to the superintendent at the time. But, it also looks like somebody loves him (or loves "Ann"), so it can't be all bad.

Vodka Mom said...

(psssssst. are we related? )

Anonymous said...

Metacognitively thinking, perhaps it's an occasion for some Critical Drinking. Then a trip to the port-a-potty of course.

miss you guys!

Manager Mom said...

Techically, how many people are considered a 'crapload?' can I come to the party?

Anonymous said...

Your next post HAS to be a translation of these so-called notes.

Anonymous said...

I just want to know where I can get one of those Sharpies! I think it would go great with my fancy word processing eraser. It's called White Out. Nice, except for the part where my computer screen is covered!
And...screw the banker. They are all, according to me anyway, a bunch of ass smacks.

Meg said...

I know you tried to black it out, but I think I see an "I love Jeff" on those notes. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am just helplessly intrigued by this scribble-covered piece of paper -- it's like being 15 years old again, and suddenly getting my hands on a note that two or three of the cool girls were passing back and forth in social studies class. "Plus! She blow dryed." Fascinating.

I, for one, vote to see the other side of the page...

Momo Fali said...

That piece of paper looks like my sister's checkbook ledger. I have no idea how she doesn't constantly bounce checks.

LiteralDan said...

You take notes like I take notes.

I love how many times it says some version of "Wrap it up!"