Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NOT How I Do It

I generally fail in the picture taking department. It started when I went to work in Jamaica during the summer of my junior year and forgot my camera. After being devastated for the first few days, I started to completely dig the freedom it gave me: I was actually seeing where I was in 3D rather than through a lens.

When B was born, I went a little shutter psycho resulting in about 4000 lame pictures taken of the same thing. They now sit in a box somewhere which is a good thing because otherwise R and the GFYO would feel seriously shafted: what, they might say, only 250 shots of me eating a lemon?

Sometimes though my camera is at the ready for the really important moments. Like when the GFYO decides to indulge his inner neatnik....








Naked.

17commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

unmitigated me said...

I will admit I sometimes scrub the tub that way, but the microwave?

Anonymous said...

Does he offer trainings to other young children? Mine have no idea that things don't clean themselves.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Very artfully edited. He'll thank you for that later.

And that is indeed one GIANT four-year-old. What are you feeding him?

Lisa said...

File that in the box labeled "pictures in which to embarrass my son in front of his new girlfriend."

Lipstick Jungle said...

It may be a naked shot, but its a cleaning shot. I would take that one ANY DAY!

Floaterie said...

=)

loves it.

Carolyn...Online said...

Ok, that is seriously awesome.

Jen W said...

I would sooo be including that in the video/photo montage that will play at his wedding.

cIII said...

That's exactly how I prefer to mow the yard. No cooking like that though. Stuff sometimes splatters. (i.e. bacon grease, tomato sauces...etc.)

Unknown said...

hahahaha hope that cleaner wasn't caustic

PandaMom said...

You know, this could be a whole new business model for Merry Maids.

Anonymous said...

Can he come over and teach my 2 to clean - I promise I won't look!

Thanks for the laugh!

Leslie said...

Kudos for having a neatnik at all. I can only manage to raise pigs.

LisaH said...

Is he The Kid's mini-me or what?

LisaH said...

Not that I've seen The Kid nekkid or anything! But I have seen him clean, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let a lack of clothes get in his way! I've often looked around my messy house and wished for my own Kid...but now I know I can just give Ms. Picket a call and offer to "babysit" the GFYO.

Anonymous said...

Is that that green Schnaaps (sp?) in his hand? :)

The Honourable Husband said...

I once used to work on the advertising account of a major film manufacturer. (Yes, film. It was THAT long ago.)

One of our major marketing thrusts was to try to get families to take as many pictures of their second child as they did of their first. Research showed that picture-taking fell off by about two-thirds.

So, you're normal.