Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Would Like To Thank the Academy

The GFYO was out to get me last night and I am also almost done with the David Sedaris book, so when aimeepalooza presented me with this

Photobucket

I exclaimed "screw exhaustion! screw the pile of laundry! screw making breakfast for anyone! let's celebrate!" Ms Picket WON something today and so all is right with my tiny world. Plus I adore aimeepalooza and so should you.

But (there's always a "but," right?), there are rules to this award so I'll oblige:

1. Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.


Naturally, I wish I could bend the rules a tad and pick more than five of my faves -- you can find many of them on the right side of this page and you really should find them.

So here goes:

CarolynOnline introduced herself to me by inviting me to drink beer (like a couple of bums) at the park. No matter that her park is like six states away from mine -- when has time and space ever been an obstacle to friendship? It turns out she is living the Southern version of my life. Also, she happens to be a seriously funny writer and all-around excellent person who will be passing this award off to JenW at Serenity Now, who deserves it big time.

Kristin at Going Country hates the New York Times and climbs into cisterns like a champ. Because she has battled bats and chipmunk-eating dogs with some serious snark, it is obvious to me that one day she will make a fine member of the Good Mother Club.

StartswithanX is just a seriously good time. And I don't mean that in a-number-scrawled-on-a-bathroom-stall kind of way.

Always Home and Uncool is probably out of the house more than he thinks. He also has a memory like -- is it elephants with good memories? whatever -- he has an incredible memory: he recognized a photo of the Stud as a child. Turns out the two played Little League together. Plus, men talking about their kids is cool, goddammit.

Jake and Ellie's Mom did not Invent Motherhood but she has good taste in music and is starting a new business and I am all for the girl power.

Go forth and grant awards, award winners!

6commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Anonymous said...

Honored and humbled, I am.

Thank you. I will do what I can to pay it forward.

Anonymous said...

Shut up!!! You totally rock the Casbah my sista. I have never gotten an award and am thinking of printing it out, making a 3D papier-mâché model out of the thing, and displaying it under a light on the mantle. What? Is that weird?

So glad I found you in internetland!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally blushing right now, sister. And to be mentioned in such good company. Wow, I feel like the newbie actress who gets nominated for the Academy Award with, like, Meryl Streep and Diane Keaton or something.

Thank you! SO happy I found you!

Kristin @ Going Country said...

Why thank you, Ms. Picket. I hope one day to join the illustrious ranks of the Good Mother Club. With you as my mentor.

Manager Mom said...

Aw. I love the blog-on-blog love. But I have to contradict you. I have met AH&U in person and he really never goes anywhere. For reals.

Kevin McKeever said...

I'm honored and humbled and a bit gamey because I haven't showered yet. MM is right, though. I never even leave the bathroom, just sit here on the throne all day long, surfing.

Thanks. I'm on it.