Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Turns Out I Am Replaceable

Samantha is the new babysitter. Samantha has the coolest cell phone ever. Samantha is the prettiest girl on the planet. Samantha has the BEST taste in music and the NICEST boyfriend and the COOLEST friends. "Samantha is coming today?" shouts the GFYO (because he generally shouts more than talks) and when I say yes, yes she is, I see that his happiness is equal to his sisters' and equal to my own. We ALL love Samantha.

Samantha is camp -- not in the John Waters kind of way -- but in the singing songs by the campfire kind of way. She has taken them swimming, eating, dock jumping, playground playing, bowling, painting, and today she took them here:

HERE was supposed to be this amazingly cool action picture she took of my kids on a roller coaster type of thing at a local carny and emailed to me from her awesome phone. HERE was one of the best pictures of three happy kids every taken. HERE is not upload-able due to "internal errors." (Before I get all huffy about that, I realize: do we not ALL have internal errors? And so I have decided to give the whole computer industry and/or internet some slack. Sigh.)

So anyhoo, just imagine the picture taken by the amazing babysitter who spends 9 hours a week with my kids and pretty much saves my life and my sanity and definitely has seduced the three Short Drunk People with her wicked cool ways. (I wish she was here last night when the GFYO was possessed by some devil until three in morning with a) a possible ear infection, b) night terrors or c) a willingness to seriously want to fuck with me. But I digress...)

At about 6pm last night, I got the chance to babysit the neighbor baby who arrived diaper-clad and slightly sweaty. Which of course is like the.best.thing.ever, a mostly naked bald baby just up from a snooze who laughs at all my jokes and never talks back to me. I took some pictures of we two on my awesome cool phone to send to his mom so she would know that I am also a kick-ass babysitter like Samantha, but lo and freakin' behold every picture pretty much looked this:



Not quite a sweet ride on a roller coaster but still. I didn't let the baby drink the beer and that says something, no?

****

Despite being massively sleep-deprived, I am all kinds of cheerful today because thanks to the amazingly great aimeepalooza, I have a trophy for my trophy case. Which is empty. But not for long! Stay tuned...

5commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I used to love baby-sitters. Even though they never let me drink beer, either.

Aimee said...

awww! I'm glad I got to give you your first award.
And, although it stinks not being as cool as the babysitter, it is really nice to have a sitter you know your kids like.

Jen W said...

Our "Samantha" is Conner. Conner is the coolest babysitter ever. Megan wants to marry Conner and Jack wants to be Conner. (Actually, now that I think about it Jack may actually want to marry Conner, too but maybe he'll grow out of it) Conner makes arts and crafts. Conner let them stay out way later than their loser mother. And Conner is a life guard and teaches swim lessons and that is the coolest job in the whole world.

Amy said...

k, to me, Samantha would be a good thing, if you're gonna pay someone to hang with your kids they may as well earn their keep, better than some lame-o watching tv getting orange cheeto junk on your couch.

Anonymous said...

I think we can invite Samantha to come out with us. We need someone responsible to drive us home...