Monday, July 14, 2008

OfficePaLoser

So Manager Mom (who totally haunts my old stomping grounds) sent out the call -- post an inside look at your "thinking space" or "office."

And good god, it just sucked to even think about it. Office? Thinking space? Manager Mom, you are funny. But I'm game.

****

Most of the hard core intellectual thought happens here, with an ice coffee:



Oh funny people! That is so not me in the back ground (but it kinda looks like me; weird) and that is so not my house. But that, pals, is indeed my car. I would take a picture of the interior of the real one, where most of my magic happens in fact, but I do have some things I choose to keep private like the leftover coffee and donut experiments conducted therein.

Even when my kids are in it and that bad man is talking shit on the radio, I do some serious thinking in my car. Most of which ends up here.

Also, I have this special spot



which is the inside of the "juice box" fridge. I find myself staring at it from time to time. Opening and shutting it. Opening and shutting it. I think the process gives me inspiration. I do not know why. It must be some Zen thing, but after a long day in the mobile thinking unit, this kind of meditation just calls to me. The repetition seems to help. You should try it.

I am always going for this gal



who is (sadly?) seated here



near the computer screen with the keyboard I am typing on right now. In the kitchen. Next to the teevee. And the back door to the outside with the creaky screen that screams at me all day when the Three Short Drunk People are doing what they do, which is going in and out and in and out and out and in and out again five freaking thousand times a day.

Still, I count my blessings: I've got my three foot long piece of painted plywood the Stud installed as my "room of ones own" that is glared at by a magnetic board covered with crap I have not dealt with and should. It's also got pictures of my kids, which is stupid, since all I need to do is pretty much turn around to see them for reals.

Anyone who knows the genius of Ms Picket-- and if you want some of that, go here, 'cause dudes I posted TWICE today and was all kinds of educational -- must be all WTF? How does this woman manage such brazilliance in such chaos? So I will let you in on a little secret. It is not this



so much. It is the amazingly high-end Pottery Barn look-alike stool that I sit on, with it's secret



feet.

You are so, so jealous right now, I kinda feel bad for you.

***
After looking at other "office" pictures, I need to say this: nothing, NOTHING, here was tidied or re-arranged. Except that, yo, the beer that should have been on the desk, I was totally holding it in my hand.

10commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

LilSass said...

What the?...are those tennis balls?

Manager Mom said...

I have not yet seen the tennis ball method employed outside a elementary school classroom. Your MacGyveristic brilliance awes me, Ms. Picket.

I like the "juice box" fridge, although your juice seems to be in short supply, except for the "malted barley and hops" flavor. Is that how you get the littles to take naps?

Carolyn...Online said...

Just as organized as I expected. Tennis balls? Natch. Love the polka dot bag hanging from the chair. And of course the over frozen juice box fridge sans juice boxes.

Dude, you totally need a cushion for that chair though. I'm all about the ass comfort.

Samantha said...

There is NEVER any juice boxes. Which I'm sure the three short drunk people have told you I'm always upset about!

On the off chance that there is one or 2 it is pretty much a guarantee that they will be opened and half drank by the giant 4 yr old! Just an observation.

MereCat said...

You office looks way tidy! I didn't even show my real office because no work gets done in there. It's turned into a gigantic closet.

Leslie said...

I just found your blog, following your witticisms over at BHJ.

Loving it. I am having an unwitty day, so will just note that I've been stopping by and will be around some more.

Aimee said...

My office is a bottle of wine...can I take a picture of an empty one and post it? Would that count?

Kristin @ Going Country said...

"Brazilliance." Excellent word.

Meg said...

I am only jealous because I want that Amstel!

Leslie said...

I just saw your link to Wonkette! Luv it. Although it's missing something since Ana Marie is gone, but it's still one of my many addictions. (While she's WAY younger than me, Ana Marie and I went to the same high school!)