Wednesday, July 2, 2008

You Cant Judge A Book By Its Cover

I'm making a party mix for a friend's Fourth of July party. She hired a band before, but this year: she asked me for music. Not for a chip or a dip but for music.

And I agreed. I always do that.

My mom will be at the party this year.

She and her brother played the best records when I was a kid. And that's inspires me.

I am screwing the Deadhead Dad who will complain no matter what (because it's not the Dead all the time) and I'll probably upset the work-out moms who want cheesy hip-hop bang-bang music.

It is so good to be the music maker.

I'm gonna include this tune from the brilliant Bo. I wish I made mention of his passing earlier.

Seriously friends, if this does not make you want to get up and shake it.... then, shit: I don't know what.

16commentsBrilliant Person Wrote...

Heather said...

Bo Diddley!

Anonymous said...

Oh shit, sister! You are gonna have that whole party dancing like the girls at the top of those steps. Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Carolyn...Online said...

Oh do I love that video. Or tv flashback. I am waking Parker up right now so she can learn some new - I mean old - moves.

Kristin @ Going Country said...

I didn't get up, but I did do a little chair-dancing.

Meg said...

Great pick! Send me your whole playlist so I can copy it for future lamo parties.

Congrats on your award. Reminder to self: Invite Ms. Picket for beer.

Meg said...

Great pick! Send me your whole playlist so I can copy it for future lamo parties.

Congrats on your award. Reminder to self: Invite Ms. Picket for beer.

Meg said...

Sorry about that. Drunk again.

Manager Mom said...

Ohhh.. I LOVE being the evil MusicMeister. Such power!

Excellent choice...

Jen W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen W said...

I'll bet with that music, your party will be a hell of a lot more fun than mine! Oh wait- I forgot, I'm not going to a party this weekend. So I guarantee your party will be more fun that mine with that music!

Aimee said...

Hip Hop bang bang music! Ha ha ha!!!
Now I have the Apple bottom Jeans song in my head.

Lynsey said...

Ha ha love it! For our wedding, J and I are thinking of throwing some terribly horrible music in just for fun!

I know I haven't been around here much, lifes crazy but I keep peaking in!

BabyonBored said...

How about a little Etta James, "I got the will" it's a good one.

Kevin McKeever said...

My roommate for 3 years in college and I saw Bo play twice (and we met him buying a stack of LPs in Tower records once, too). Both times were the only time I ever saw my roommate dance. Thankfully, not with me b/c he was three inches taller and a lot hairer.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by Mayberry Magpie. I, too love Kristin and StartswithanX. I look forward to checking out your other recommendations.

You music -- as my teenage daughter would say -- is da bomb. I don't know who that chick is playing with Bo, but she's some kinda hot. I want to be reincarnated as a guitar-playing hot 60s chick.

I'm leaving today for 10 days "off the grid" but I'll look forward to visiting again when I return. Happy 4th!

Mayberry Magpie

Trooper Thorn said...

A classic is always a classic. Have fun.